The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   The Early Years (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Album Survivor- FINAL ROUND (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=9571)

Hawkeye 04-23-2003 06:45 PM

Album Survivor- FINAL ROUND

OK sorry fans of Then Play On, but it's gone(With it's great Oh Well, Coming Your Way and Madge) But we move on. This should be very interesting. Which is more loved on the ledge, Mystery To Me or Bare Trees:confused: In my book it will always be Bare Trees.

BIG: WE ARE PICKING A WINNER.

macmar71 04-23-2003 11:13 PM

As I predicted in my mind that it would come to these two and a tough decision to make as I love both these discs.
I selected Bare Trees because there are many great songs on there. Great Christine songs (Spare Me a Little), great Danny songs (Bare Trees) and Bob's original Sentimental Lady. Sunny Side of Heaven is one of the most beautiful instrumentals I have ever heard and reminds me of summer.

macfan 57 04-24-2003 05:26 AM

Wow, I thought it was going to come down to "Then Play On" & "Bare Trees". I LOVE both of these albums. Both are in my all-time Fleetwood Mac top five. But, I voted for "Mystery To Me". I think it's a nearly perfect album. "Why", "Hypnotized", "The Way I Feel", "Emerald Eyes" are my favorites. But, there are no weak songs on this record at all. My favorites on "Bare Trees" are "Spare Me A Little", "Sentimental Lady" & "Dust". "Danny's Chant" is really the only song that I don't like. That combined with the poor much maligned Mrs. Scarrot gives the edge to "Mystery To Me". But, both of these albums are TERRIFIC.

chiliD 04-24-2003 08:26 AM

Holy s**T!! HAWKEYE you changed the voting procedure! Are you from Florida or something? The whole thing was "vote OFF one". Now it's vote FOR, I call "foul"!!!

THEREFORE, change my vote from Bare Trees to Mystery To Me.

Any album with Mrs. Scarrot should NEVER win ANY poll. And, that includes if she would have happened to show up on Sgt Pepper!!! :mad:

Cristian 04-24-2003 09:21 PM

Mystery To Me of course! No possible doubt about it. Oh, and Then Play On should have been the other finalist. Oh well.

Song of the moment - Murrow Turning Over In His Grave

jwd 04-25-2003 05:17 PM

Go Bare Trees

Woooohoooo Bare Trees all the way baby......featuring the second best trio of writers ever in the Mac!

Joe

chiliD 04-28-2003 04:44 PM

Re: Go Bare Trees

Quote:

Originally posted by jwd
...featuring the second best trio of writers ever in the Mac!

After Peter Green, Danny Kirwan & Jeremy Spencer, right? :laugh:

jwd 04-28-2003 05:14 PM

Mac's trios

Ummmmmmmmm...nope! :) As much as I love Peter's work, Jeremy's just not one of my faves. And he just can't compare to well, you know who I'm talking about. ;)

Joe