Thread: Behind The Mask
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpdg View Post
I totally loved In The Back Of My Mind as a show opener! It flowed virtually seamlessly into The Chain. It was awesome in concert, I just loved it. Why they didn't continue with some of those songs in the set as the tour went on, I can't say. Definitely a mistake from my point of view. The overall choice of what to release as singles and in what order probably needed to be better thought out in my opinion. They needed to lead off with "Save Me", then follow up with "Love Is Dangerous", then "Freedom", then "When It Comes To Love", or something like that. Would have given the public a taste of "the old" then "the new" and back and forth. Just my opinion, but they could have promoted this era of FM much better than they did. The live shows were fantastic.
Here is my issue with the opener "In The Back of My Mind": I went to several shows on that tour and noticed similar reactions: the band comes on stage and the crowd goes wild. Then there is this long dramatic introduction before the song kicks in. During that time frame, the enthusism of the audience wanes, and the song itself, despite being a good song, is kind of a drudgy drag. It's a kill-joy right from the start, mostly because of its pace.