View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
I completely agree with you! I've pretty much accepted the fact that this is how Stevie wants to dress these days so when she does change something up, even the slightest thing like sticking some feathers in her hair or wearing the exact same outfit she's been wearing but in another color, I really appreciate it! Still, I suspect Stevie is concerned with being age appropriate and that be a large factor in her present day wardrobe choices. Personally, I feel she could probably still wear most of her old stage clothes and still be age appropriate but that's just me. After all, Stevie Nicks is a timeless character so aside from the more revealing garments, she could totally wear everything she used to and still look fabulous!! Whether she likes to admit it or not, people do care what she wears...it's all part of the experience!!
Yes I agree she could still wear most anything she owns. I wouldn't expect her to wear a shoulder baring leotard like she did when she was in her 20's and 30's but all her other layered fringy gypsy stuff dressing in those timeless Rock A Little era stage clothes will always be classic Stevie wear to me at any age. I'm sure there's many a gypsy woman in the world dressing in layers at 80, 90, 100 years old because that's what they wear. Every now and then you might see those types out somewhere or shopping and know it. So that kind of stuff will always be appropriate on women who may dress like that. Not many do of course. You have to be of that origin or into that stuff.