View Single Post
Old 06-30-2003, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
Re: Rummaging through garbage.

So, it is ok for a law enforcement agency to rummage through a trash bins for "trace evidence", and have it stand up in court due to the determination that once you throw something away and the trash can is at the curb, it is no longer "your property", yet, for someone (apparentely in this case) who rummages for seemingly "collectable" items is considered "sick" and a "psycho stalker"? What about the homeless guy who rummages through trash cans of those people so environmentally challenged they can't recycle aluminum cans?

There's a potential double-standard showing up here, just want to clarify the "ground rules" before I go off.
While I realize the potential double-standard you speak of, is the homeless guy in the sreet going to BEL AIR into what I believe is a GATED COMMUNITY to DUMPSTER DIVE in order to GAIN A MATERIAL ITEM from a celebrity because he or she likes the person so much that they would do whatever to gain something from them? The particular girl i'm speaking of seriously blurred the line of reality. I didn't even want to mention it on here because it's nuts but If I recall correctly, she even spoke of him having a get together at his house. He and his guests were congregating in his back yard as he played guitar and his guests sang along. The whole time she was parked in the street out in front of his house. THAT'S A STALKER. I just want to make sure you guys know what i'm talking about. There is a line and the girl clearly crossed it. I was 12 at the time I started talking to her so it's like, yea, I couldn't do anything about it but now that I look back, I realize just how NOT COOL the situation was. Yes, I consider this girl to have some issues. I would think you would agree with me Chili but perhaps your comment was not directed specifically at me.