View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 12:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default 70's Wedding singers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Did you see my update above? The person obviously just found it in their wife's photos. He didn't even know it was a big deal. Think how many Fritz / BN pics are laying around in collections or in photo albums. People probably look at 'em as fond memories of their college days and reminisce about what they were doing. They're not looking at it as a piece of music history. Or they make scratch their head and say, "Who are these people? Don't remember Uncle Bob playing the guitar!"
Right, thanks for the update and your right people sometimes dont realise that they may possess part of 'music history'. But equally a lot of people are quick to jump on the bandwagon of a quick story or photo, but I suppose the current techno world makes it so much easier these days and now celeb photos or a photo of your cat appear in public ciculation in seconds.

To have had Stevie & lindsey perform at your wedding is quite a rarity and what a great retrospective memory to have had! Its one of those things that you can imagine on 'This is your life' for Stevie, introducing some random unknown or forgotten person/ couple for whom you performed 35+ years ago!

Did they get back to year with a year/timeframe. I guess it would be '71-'73 ?

If an audio of these 'Wedding Singers' were to emerge that would be extroadinary! And unlikely! But how interesting...