View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yeah, it definitely needs speed. I can't even really pick out the melody right now. You could die and have the medics come in and revive you doing this slow dirge. But sure it could be entirely different once he got it in the studio.

It sounds like something that is drawn out because you're making it up at your kid's bedside when trying to get them to go to sleep. Well, except for the murder part.

having listened to Dancing several times so far, this is my take on the song - and it going in and out of the setlist:

since Dancing was dropped now, guess LB feels he's got its message across enough? you couldn't not get the words with his singing it that slow.

the song itself - melody is simple but pretty, and if sped up a little and with nice arrangement, sounds like it could be a very pretty song. i think he should definitely have it on his next album, and would be curious to hear what he does with it in the studio.

but - he might never record it if it was in his set just as a message to the person who broke promises already made... which might be one of the reasons for this impromptu solo-alone tour. if so, i will be eternally grateful to her for breaking the promise!!

now everybody's saying that his set is too short with Dancing dropped. so - time for Rock Away Blind to come in!! or Gone Too Far - or even better - both!