View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
To be fair, at least the Rock Hall was consistent in that assessment; Bob Weston and Dave Walker were not inducted either. And presumably they also deemed the post-Rumours lineups to be non-RRHOF caliber either, i.e., Bramlett, Mason, Burnette, Vito.......

that middle period of FM kind of fell off of everyone's radar on both sides of the Atlantic. Yes, we in the FM fan world love those albums dearly... but they were neither novel nor popular commercially or critically. They were just... kinda there. In that context, I can kinda see how the RRHOF overlooked this era completely.
I get what you're saying, but it still strikes me as odd. I could see them deciding that most people know Fleetwood Mac as the Rumours 5, with its massive commercial success, and inducting just those individuals. I could also see them recognizing a legendary band's entire body of work and inducting all of its members since day one. But to chop up the history....."these years were good for this and those years were good for that and we can't make that middle part seem special".....that just seems off to me, especially with a core group of members who provided consistency throughout all of those eras.