View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I think the closer any of us gets to knowing the actual people we've idolized for decades, we're likely to be disappointed or disillusioned that they're not these fantastic human beings we through they were. They are fallible--petty, occasionally mean-spirited or reckless...a lot like people I know in my day-to-day life.
Look, they're a lot like me. If I have cheated someone out of money or abetted others who did, then I deserve to be sued. But if someone who was once a partner and friend sues me and I think it's unfair, I'd probably try to hurt them in retaliation if I could.

Just from his posts here, Bob often lashed out when he felt hurt or insulted. It's a human reaction.

And I can't think of anything that Christine has done that would make anyone think she was a wonderful person anyway. She doesn't come off that way to me. I've always seen her as very funny, very talented, but a little cool and irritable. I enjoyed that about her.

As for Wendy, she already said that the person who excluded Bob said they kept in touch with him when they really did not. She thinks that they are not only cruel, but a hypocrite. Given that, I don't know why she cares whether or not they sent her a card. Why would you want a card from someone you think is an uncaring phony? Unless they are expressing true remorse over an exclusion that happened 14 years ago, I don't know why getting a perfunctory Hallmark card from them would make you feel any better. Personally, I think it would make me feel worse and angrier.

Michele