View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Rock Cellar Magazine, December 3, 2012
http://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/20...13-world-tour/

Fleetwood Mac Announce 2013 World Tour (With New Songs?!)

December 2012 by Adrian Garro and Jeff Cazanov

After a few months of *ahem* rumours, Fleetwood Mac announced a world tour today.

The trek, which begins on April 4th in Columbus, Ohio and ends on June 12 in Detroit, will head to Europe and Australia after the North American run comes to a close.

It will be the band’s first tour in three years.

Lindsey Buckingham told Rolling Stone that the shows will be mostly Greatest Hits sets, with some room for other material:

"When you’ve gone through all your must-do’s, that’s 75% of your potential setlist. I think with the other 25%, there are areas of our catalog that are more under-explored. Maybe we’ll play more songs from Tusk. I’d also like to see an extended middle portion of the show that’s just me and Stevie."

Buckingham has already spoken in the past months about new Fleetwood Mac songs and recordings. In early 2012 Mick Fleetwood, the reclusive John McVie, and Buckingham recorded a number of Lindsey’s tunes, which he then later brought to Stevie Nicks.

There is no doubt that a couple of these will be worked out in time for the tour, and according to Buckingham – perhaps even enough for a full-fledged Fleetwood Mac album.

What is perhaps most disappointing (yet not surprising) about this news is that Christine McVie will not be along for the ride. The legendary singer and Fleetwood Mac fan-favorite has led a hermitic life, only popping out occasionally to see the band or accept another one of their countless awards. She hasn’t appeared with the band since 1995, which continues to sadden long-time fans who believe that there is no Fleetwood Mac without her.

Earlier this year Mick Fleetwood spoke of McVie to VH1 Classic Radio:

"She’s done. She’s out of the music business, sadly. But I always leave the door slightly open because there maybe a situation where – hey – she may write a song with Stevie and Stevie will sing it, and she’ll do a little bit of vocalizing on it."

While McVie’s presence on the successful long list of FM songs will be missed, we are all looking forward to the rest of the band, and their new songs…