View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

I get that Bob rubbed her the wrong way, and I get that she was especially angry with him after the lawsuit, but if she thought that highly of him as an artist, then I don't see how the other would cloud her judgement of his significance to Fleetwood Mac. Of course, maybe some of that appreciation has only come about after being so far removed from the music business for so long.
Maybe his death has moved her. Maybe she wanted him out of the HOF for reasons having nothing to do with his talent and only because she was angry. Maybe she fully recognized his talent but wanted to hit him where it hurt. Or maybe we don't know the whole story. That's the problem with Wendy. I get that she's grieving. I'm sure if you find your husband like that you never get over it. But I have a problem with accusers who don't tell the whole story. They just HINT at the worst and leave us to fill in the gaps in ways that may not be accurate or fair.

If Christine did something to Bob Welch that his widow wants us to know about, then spell it out with all the details. Don't say he was kept out of the hall of fame and you don't even know the worst of it, leaving that to our imaginations.

Either tell us the worst of it and let us judge and condemn or understand or otherwise stop inferring things.

Michele