View Single Post
Old 07-31-2003, 08:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Thanks a lot Christy, just when I was about to go to sleep finally :D lol

OK I gotta say I have *no* clue what the lyrics are about - to tell the truth I don't pay too much attention to them ... it's more the production of the voice and music I loved from the get go. So ... atmospheric. Moody. Like a storm that brews ... and then hits.

And by the way can I just add that when you combine this with the Instrumental Introduction .... I mean, what a song. It goes so many places musically.
Oh and btw let's not forget this was co-written to some degree with Richard Dashut.

Anyway, this and Wrong were the first Lindsey solo songs I ever heard (ie since I got into the Mac). They both had me salivating. It was *perfect* music - it's like he knew exactly what to do with the song that I wanted him to do, lol. The changes of his voice in this song are so various and expressive. I'd go so far as to say more than anything this song is on the one hand 'screaming gtr solo replacement for TITN' and on the other 'a tour de force that skyrockets above a lot of Lindsey's other 'minor key' songs'.

I was totally awestruck by this song when I first heard it. And the love affair continues, thanks to the 'everfresh' mono production of OOTC.