View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok, it's taken 40 years of listening to both Mystery To Me & Penguin to really decipher between Weston & Welch who was playing what. I really have come to believe that had they stayed playing together, they were well on their way to becoming the "Keith Richard/Mick Taylor" of Fleetwood Mac (where Peter Green & Danny Kirwan were obviously the "Duane Allman/Dickey Betts")

Also, the more I listen to the Welch era Fleetwood Mac, the harder it is for me to pick one album over another...and NOT owning any ONE of them would leave a gap in my collection larger than the black hole in the middle of the Milky Way. (which goes pretty much for the entire catalogue of Fleetwood Mac albums...their music is just so good, missing ANY album in the collection seems like an abomination to me).

That said, I'm pretty much of the opinion that Mystery To Me was pretty much the Rumours album of the Welch era.