View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Thanks Wendy, Edsel did a great job in '98 with French Kiss/3 Hearts & Other One/Man Overboard making them 2 on 1's (though if this was done again, hopefully the 10-20 seconds longer Sentimental Lady could be included which was on the 1990 Best Of Bob Welch Rhino put out back then instead). I don't think the self titled 1981 RCA album ever came out on CD in the US, just Japan and that was many years ago with half the disc blank since the album was so short so a 2 on 1 of that & Eye Contact would be nice). Hopefully if you can swing this you could see if there are any unreleased material that be included to build the discs up to the 80 minutes max. If nothing else maybe you could add all the tracks from Bob's website for those of us oldies wishing to get material on a physical product such as CD's. Somoeone told me that Bob had put some unreleased Paris tracks on his site so those would go well with the 2 Paris albums (if they are re-release-able too). I think Wounded Bird put Eye Contact out a year or two ago but again, it's a shame more than half of the disc is blank though they did include some remixes as bonus tracks and those albums are so short that they should still fit on a possible Bob Welch (1981)/Eye Contact double feature. I wouldn't mind paying more than the retail price if it meant the prices had to be higher to fill up the discs more if it came to that. I think I recall Bob was working on trying to get a live CD out from a show in did in Japan during the French Kiss tour so there's another idea. I just found out about the Blue Beard album he worked on in '71 so that's been fun to listen to and if the Head West (with single only bonus tracks) could be managed that would be awesome not to mention the holy grail of Bob's rercordings with the Seven Souls. I've got some of their singles but the bible that is missing from my collection is the self titled 7S album on Barclay Records. So it would be the motherload if that album with all the singles only bonus tracks could be released on a disc. At least the 3 Hearts reissue from a few years ago included the B-side Something Strong as well as a couple other bonus tracks so that was a step in the right direction. I know all of this isn't do-able but just thought I'd through all the ideas out there I could think of to see if we can get any of them to stick. Thanks for listening.

John