View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynBlue View Post
‘[B]
Closing My Eyes’ would have been too difficult to pull off in concert. Not because they could not have come up with an arrangement for a live performance, but because it was too intimate a number, and I do not believe that Green wanted to open himself up like that on a nightly basis.
He did with numbers such as ‘Jumping At Shadows’ and ‘Before the Beginning’ but I do not see him adding yet another number like that into the set.
I think that this is the very thing that made Peter such a great blues player -that he would bare his soul through his singing and particularly his guitar playing He must have done this on a nightly basis when he was doing Love that Burns for example To me this song was very "intimate" in live performance ,, but pehaps he found it more difficult to do that sort of thing towards the end of his period with FM Perhaps it was the fairly explicit religious aspects of Closing My Eyes that he felt might not work live.or didn't want to reprise every night in front of his bandmates ?