View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile U.S. vs. THEM

I hear you.

As an (ahem) defacto american I can't be responsible for Miley Cyrus, the invasion of Iraq (OK you can insert the country of your choice here) and slavery all at the same time, but I can say that as I child of 13 I was blown away by Muddy Waters, Howlin Wolf and Charlie Patton by some lucky chance. I sought out Peter Green because I heard of his, then legendary prowess on the electric guitar. by 17 I was learning how he did what he did on "Watch Out" and was thinking that this was the first white player who really understood what he was listening to, and then was able to put it in a sentence (borrowing from how you learn a word).

When I heard the Buckingham Nicks FM I thought, Hey Fleetwood Mac is still a band? Interesting music , the rhythm section sounds familiar, who's in it?

the name could be: The inception and the middle years...or something. The fact is that after PG DK and JS left it was (a) different band(s) and yet they are lumped in a catch all. But I agree that Pre rumors does disservice to its auspicious beginnings.
Although recent evidence shows that there are still Neanderthals walking around with everybody else. Are they "Pre Humans"?