View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

On the other hand if it might be a technical problem to change things, or risk losing the old posts...

I did think the name might be off-putting to the most blues oriented fans.

I remember when the 1975 album came into the household and how it took me a few years to connect the band name to the copy of Then Play On we also had around. I have to admit I had that original group mentally sorted as being next to Creedence Clearwater, whereas the new group was totally separate and in with '70s Chilliwack, Wings and Heart, and yes, early Abba, which we also had. Although I heard some Bob Welch era stuff on the radio I didn't catch onto the name then.

As for white blues guys(gals), I am just getting seriously into Lonnie Mack and Roy Buchanan finally! Always someone new to discover: there is some later Jo-Ann Kelly playing I am amazed by too! (rip)

My bf has been on some kind of quest involving Stick McGhee, and I am proud to have turned him on to Tiny Grimes from before there was a major magazine article about that pioneering electric guitarist. Peter had/has the feel, he just gets it.