View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
...Danny Kirwin...
ACK!! I hate it when major publications can't spell. K-I-R-W-A-N!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post
I've known big companies to drop or bury things like a hot potato at the slightest hint of legal trouble or simply anyone being offended. I am however hoping it is the remastered editions coming scenario following the new editions of Then Play On through to Bare Trees!

I remember ordering Penguin and Heroes CDs from (West) Germany when they were hard to find in America. But really, Mac fans have nothing on Badfinger fans who saw Warner LPs pulled from sale right after release and then unavailable in any form for decades.
If my chronology is correct, wasn't the Fleetwood Mac's initial back catalogue CD releases happening while Bob's royalty lawsuit was in process? That's probably why Penguin & Mystery To Me were held up being released until that was settled. Those MAY have been the two albums of royalty payments that Bob was disputing, since Future Games, Bare Trees, & Heroes Are Hard To Find were released with the rest. Since Germany wasn't covered by the US/UK copyright laws, they were able to release those two on CD way ahead of time.

Becca, I think Pete Ham's suicide was a major factor in Warner Bros deleting those 2 Badfinger LPs...especially the Wish You Were Here album. (that and their own lofty expectations of record sales caused them to over-manufacture the number of albums, necessitating them to cut their losses by selling unsold units to rack-jobbers (being why in just a few weeks after release, those Badfinger albums, despite both being great musically, ended up in cut-out bins in record stores). Plus, it didn't help that both WB & Apple released Badfinger albums (WB with the self-titled album; Apple with the Ass album) within just days of each other.