View Single Post
Old 08-15-2003, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't mind "The Derelict" at all (took me about 15 years to get used to it, though), but "Roadrunner"... a good song when Jr Walker & The All-Stars recorded it, but it is NOT a Fleetwood Mac song. Motown just doesn't suit Fleetwood Mac at all. Maybe if Dave had recorded it when he was still in Savoy Brown (their version of the Temptations' "Can't Get Next To You" rivals the original), it might've come off better. The rest of the album is great, I think...just set the table for what was coming next with Mystery To Me...it is just a wonder how they could do TWO ALBUMS IN THE SAME YEAR, where now it's a miracle if we get two albums in the same decade!!

The Penguin album just seem really short (time wise). NOW when I put it on, it seems like it's about as long as a CD single with bonus tracks.

I love all of Welch's stuff on BOTH albums...I think I have a soft-spot for the Heroes Are Hard To Find album because that's the album they were promoting when I FINALLY got to see them in concert for the first time.