View Single Post
Old 08-21-2003, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

In Walker's defense though, Weston said at his Q & A here that "The derelict" was actually unfinished (but the powers that be in FM obviously just stuck it on the album as was anyways deciding in essence that it was done and this ties in with Walker not really being allowed to be himself musically while in the band (which is the key to the whole thing as far as I see it anyways).

Though Dave admitted at HIS Q & A here that it was a bad time for him personally (with his drinking etc.) which can't have helped matters, he did say at the Q & A that he wasn't really given the chance to do what he wanted musically in FM.

Regardless of Welch's recent kissing up to Mick now etc. this stuff DID go on with the "small people" in FM over the years, whether it is now to be glossed over or not.

I'm not saying Dave Walker was a perfect fit in FM or anything, I'm just saying that what he wanted to do musically (from what I understand anyways) was/is a lot closer to what FM's "style" is/was than many seem to have decided his style is/was.

It is these things that make me want to believe that FM was as open minded musically as they seem to want us to believe about them but I guess this really wasn't the case (unfortunately).

Just some points to consider is all.

John