View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Especially as we know that during that period Dave was so drunk most of the time he probably didn't recall much at all.

It is like that interview when he was asked why that Dave Walker solo album from the late 70's never ended up being released, and he said "Drugs" or something similar.

You know, slight off topic (hell very off topic we've drifted from Stretch to Hungry Fighter) but when sometimes when I hear The Doors I think that the sound that Dave should have been doing, he had the voice, and he could have done it better. If things had worked out with FM, or if he had stayed with Savoy Brown perhaps he would have been a household name now rather than just gigging in Montana bars.
Yeah, certainly LA Woman and their more blues type stuff. I guess Riders On The Storm has the Donovan's Brain psych-rock kind of thing going on too which may have appealed to Dave. I'll never understand why The Doors didn't just have Full Circle and Other Voices be instrumental albums. I guess they thought of the band in a much different way though (if Howard Werth was going to be Morrison's replacement, instead of DW I mean).

John