View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
This is just pure speculation, but I would guess that Burnette, Vito, Mason and Bramlett would have had something in their contracts that they would be out of the band if you-know-who decided to return. In that sense, they could have been seen as "placeholders" too.

I think it was me who posted that Kirshner clip re Doug Graves. To me it all seems a bit ambiguous...and there was that quote from Graves that appeared to indicate he thought he was in the band itself. But I don't want to rake over all that again....
Vito and Burnette were already in the band when CM was still there (TITN tour, 1988 GH, Behind The Mask, etc.) so doubt they had such issues. At least CM sang back up on some of Bekka's Time tracks so I doubt they had issues. Mason on the other hand may have been different but I think Mick knew that from day one of getting DM in that if she came back this would have to change, as far as what she wanted was concerned (as it sounds like she had more of an issue with him than he did with her).

CM joined FM in Aug '70. The Dragonfly/Purple Dancer single was the first thing released with CM as a member (There were some immigration and contractual delays for making her a member due to her still being under contract with Blue Horizon as a solo artist when the decision was made to have her join as a member).

John