View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 03:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, that was different in that it was Stevie's album alone and Lindsey had no stake in the matter.

I don't think Lindsey will be producing with Dave, but I imagine Lindsey likes Dave well enough. This is fuzzy to me, but remember that time a few years ago when Dave was on a radio show and Lindsey called in? Or was it vice versa? It was after the Platinum Weird hoax, but I don't know if it was related to that.

I don't remember, but I recall being surprised and I longed to hear the radio spot myself, to hear what they said to each other. But I got the impression then that they were on cordial terms.

Michele
Rockline - 27th August 2008

Dave Stewart joined us last week and, of course, Dave did several albums with Annie Lennox of Eurythmics fame and, um, they had their own situation. So here's the question he left for Lindsey.

D: Hi Lindsey. This is Dave Stewart from Eurythmics and I think we've both shared a similar experience. How is it for you being with somebody and living with somebody who you were in love with and then breaking up and then still being in a band together?

You do have a common experience. *laughs*

L: Oh yeaaaah. *clears throat* Well, you know, that was, uh, a, it was something that defined not only, uh, Fleetwood Mac as a band and to some degree the appeal - You know, that you had these two couples who were breaking up and were somehow rising above that to do what had to be done. But it, you know, on a personal level it was difficult for a number of years because there were never really any time to get closure. Um, you, this person that was, that had moved away from you and that, from whom you had moved away from, was someone you saw every day, and someone you had to try and find your better self on a daily basis for, in terms of producing and - this is similar to Dave's situation too - and to do the right thing for her as opposed to maybe, uh, a more selfish or petty thing. Um, and all of that, I think, left, uh, a certain amount of residue emotionally for a number of years. Uh, I think what happened, uh, was that I tended to focus very heavily on the music, uh, and the rest of my life was kind of closed off and, and it was a fairly narrow focused, you know, existence which was focused only on the music. And it was really only when I was, uh, given the gift of meeting my wife and having children that all of that started to unfold and the walls started to come down. So it was a long road, you know, sort of moving on from some of that. It was not easy.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"