View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
Perhaps but I can also see Dave giving Stevie a hand with writing. I'm not convinced she has a bunch of songs ready to go...poems yes but not songs. That's where the Dave magic comes in. You know, the whole "Lennon/McCartney thing"...
She has plenty of songs ready to go that are in the vault. She may have forgotten about them or maybe she feels they are not relevant anymore or maybe she's hungry to write something new with Dave but that doesn't mean she doesn't have songs ready. In fact, for me she doesn't necessarily need to write anything new save for the song about her mom passing. I think that one in terms of subject matter could be the next Landslide. With respect to her old demos, I crave to hear these recorded with the first 10 being my top favorites:

1) The Dealer/Mistress of My Fate
2) All The Beautiful Worlds
3) If You Were My Love
4) Jimmy Come On Back
5) Love And War/Mix Down
6) Ooh Baby
7) This Is My Cross To Bear
7) Charmed Ones: City Of Hope Song
8) Tied Up (In Promises)
9) One More Tomorrow
10) Chanel Chanel
11) Julia
12) Christian/Spinning Wheels/Mirrow Ball
13) Belle Fleure
14) What Has Rock N Roll Ever Done For You?
15) All The King's Horses
16) Blue Water
17) Castaway
18) Frustrated Love/Mistaken Love/Forsaken Love
19) China Doll
20) Rich Old Lady/Mystical Love
21) She Loves Him Still
22) I Call You Missing
23) Starshine
24) Takes A Long Time
25) Watchdevil
26) 24 Karat Gold (R&B mix)

I would need The Dealer/Mistress of My Fate and the new song about her mom as must-haves. But those two plus any other 4 from the above list would make 6 songs and would equate to her 1/3 of an 18 song album. So she has plenty of songs ready to go - and the point is that I hope these songs get recorded and released someday before she retires. This is my humble request in case anyone from her team reads this.