View Single Post
Old 08-25-2003, 08:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You won't regret your purchase of Future Games for the title track alone. It's as close as the mac will ever get to the big, anthemic, 8 minute rock tune kind of thing.

Morning Rain is also excellent and may be Chris's best and most rocking song with the band, and the R&Bish Lay It All Down is also pretty excellent, though the alternate version on The Chain boxset is worlds better. The rest of the album is so-so, I'm kind of indifferent to the rest although nothing on it is necessarily bad.

I'd say in order of Welch stuff get

Mystery To Me, which is as close to a Rumours as this lineup got, it's a difficult CD to skip tracks on when I have it in

Heroes Are Hard To Find-has a couple heavier tunes and even a little psychedelia in the form of the proggish "Coming Home"

then
Penguin, which is just a laid back, fun album. Great McVie tunes and Bob's "Night Watch" are fantastic.

This is the only period of the band I'm actually semi-familiar with so I'm glad you brought this up. LOL Penguin isn't bad at all, it just seems like a good album to save for last. To be honest I actually think it's more consistant than Future Games, even though that album has a couple of songs I really, REALLY like.