View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Then why should Stevie fans be concerned either?

The Fleetwood Mac name is almost always going to bring in more consumers than any of the solo members individually (I say "almost always," because 'Time' didn't do 'Street Angel's' numbers -- of course 'Time' only featured one of the classic songwriters, rather than two). I think pretty much everyone concedes that a new Fleetwood Mac album, with or without Stevie, is going to be more commercially successful than a Stevie Nicks solo album.
i've looked through the rest of your post and you seem to be going in circles so i'm not really sure what you are asking, but i'll try to clarify the parts that i think you are still asking me about:

yes, i think FM should release, without any wait, whatever album they have done, even if they have only 2 out of 3 songwriters on it. and i don't care who is the 3rd songwriter that is out - whether it's LB, CM, or SN.

regarding commercial viability, that concern/question is relevant for SN output since that's what everybody keeps bringing up - that she's by far the most commercially viable solo of the 5 of them, and that FM would not be commercially viable without her.

for LB, the equivalent would be if you ask whether or not the album without him would still be as critically acclaimed as the ones with his involvement are. commercial viability was never his strength.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"