View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
Mick was protecting his golden goose.
I honestly think you're reading something in that really isn't there. Mick always comes across as being proud of the blues origins of the band. They continued to play early songs in their set list long after Peter left. Indeed Oh Well featured on the 1980 Live album and Mick payed tribute with Rattlesnake Shake on the Visitor.

I think Fleetwood Mac were full on busy touring/promoting/recording from 75 through to the early 1980's. I don't think they had a lot of down time during that whole period. That there wasn't more Peter Green reference during that period was probably just down to the fact Mick was so wrapped up in the current band affairs.

As far as 'golden goose' is concerned, I'd be very surprised if there was much money to be made from Boston Live- we're not talking huge sales here. Compare this with the sort of money he was making from Rumours/touring etc. The Boston material would have been worth peanuts by comparison.

Forgive my ignorance (I may be wrong here) but I thought I read somewhere Mick spent considerable time trying to help Peter put together solo albums in the 1970's.