View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
LB left in '87.

Why it took so long to release Boston Tea Party? Well, you'd have to ask Clifford Davies...as part of the settlement in the bogus band litigation in '73/74, he had control over Fleetwood Mac material up to Mystery To Me. The Boston Tea Party recordings were originaly slated to be a double live LP to be released in late 1970, but due to Peter Green's departure, they shelved the album (the recordings of which were heavily bootlegged until the early '80s...even then the release was only SEMI-official.)

Ahhhh, "if only" (he thought....pondering how the release of a double live album in 1970 would've changed Fleetwood Mac history forever).
Clifford Davies was the manager after Peter Green left, until he tried to defraud the real band . He knew to release a 2-LP live album of a band that no longer existed would ruin the make-shift "Kiln House" version of FM. I get it. The reason we now have the proper Tea Party concerts, is all due to Davies' ex-wife getting everything in a divorce settlement. I read too much into "den mother" Mick Fleetwood interviews from the "rich years". Now that the Rumours band is in "reunion" form, Mick openly talks about how great his first version of FM was.

However, Mick, and John use Munich as an excuse. Peter was perfectly sane when he left FM. Green was sick and tired of being turned down for charity concerts, and rejected for non-profit ideas. Of all the "official" rock "acid casualties", Peter Green is not one of them. Logic says, why did FM ask Green to replace Jeremy Spencer in early 1971 for the winter/spring US tour? If I were Moby Grape, or Pink Floyd; I would not ask Skip Spence to replace a bandmember who left, nor Syd Barrett. It wasn't that Peter Green lost his mind, he discovered free-form German prog. rock. It's called Krautrock, and it makes UK prog. rock very pedestrian. Green was bored with FM. Mick Fleetwood can't say that in a documentary.

This is why I feel Mick Fleetwood has "fudged" the truth to make sure the pop version of FM was the only band, when they were making money by the ton. How convenient. Only when Fleetwood is playing blues drums again with his band does he tell the public about the early days.

Last edited by slipkid; 06-27-2014 at 12:35 AM..