View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy poker View Post
in an older thread, thd had this to say: "this was a yellow and black hooped rugby shirt, i doubt peter played rugby but you never know?" if you're reading this, thd - where've you got that from? is there a photo to proof?
Yes that's what I said. More specificallyI would describe it as alternating horizontal hoops of gold and deep navy blue I don't know how I know this !I think he wore it on the "lost" Colour Me Pop that they did. I saw this of course , but I'm not sure that our family had a colour television at this point, though we may have done. I have described the BBC repeating a section of this on Late Night Line Up - possibly Love That Burns ,as a tribute to Peter's leaving the band This must have been around April 1970 and we probably had got a colour TV by then.
Peter went to Elliott School in Putney It turns out that this school did have rugby teams though the school colours don't look like they are gold hoops .However, the school also used the "house" system, so presumably each house had teams that played each other at various sports, so perhaps one of the house colours was gold and black /navy blue.
On the other hand maybe he bought it in a local charity shop ( the rugby team of my school- in Wansworth also -wore this combination) ,but he probably bought it of a trendy clothes stall in Kensington market !