View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Walter Egan is such an underrated talent. His song Magnet and Steel is a huge favorite of mine. I like to imagine it was a Fleetwood Mac song, with Lindsey on lead vocal and Christine and Stevie on harmony.

The reason for me posting this is that I just listened to the song on YouTube. I was following the forum posts. Some were informing others that Stevie was involved with him , that she sang on the song, and it was written about her.

Here was the choice reactionary quote from someone: " Gee, she was like a door knob - everyone had a turn at her."
The harmonies vocals on "Magnet and Steel" are nothing short of magical! It is a wonderful gem of a tune and should be considered a classic. I love that "Magnet and Steel" was included in the film "Boogie Nights" and on the soundtrack.

I respect Stevie for her free spirited philosophy on dating. She was a true feminist! It IS hard to keep track of the TIMELINE of her dating life. It seems she's date 1/2 of The Eagles. I've heard that her relationship with Jimmy Iovine lasted up to the beginning of the "Rock A Little" sessions when he abandoned the project. Did she break up with Jimmy to date Joe Walsh (her opening act on the "Wild Hear" Tour)?? If so, did she go back with Jimmy after Joe dumped her.