Thread: Mystery to me
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2003, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So Eric, I meant to ask, you say your collection is complete with the BN stuff you have and the Welch stuff...I respect if you don't like it but I just gotta ask, did you like any of the Peter Green era stuff or BTM/Time stuff? Just curious to know what you thought of that stuff here (though I'm sorry if I'm going off topic again everybody).
I liked "Green Manalishi" but it wasn't enough to make me want to investigate that period of the band any further. I'm especially not interested in the straightforward blues stuff either. Sometime I might pick up "Then Play On" but I'm really in no hurry to check it out.

As far as BTM/Time I've made a new policy to never check out the fringe albums by bands with big catalogs anymore. I just can't afford average music. I rarely read good things about these albums, with the exception of the extreme hardcore fan that would love anything FM would do. I would buy Tango, Kiln House, the 80s live album, or an old video or something like that before I got one of those discs. Love Is Dangerous is an OK song. I dunno, I just really don't have much of an interest in their later period stuff of their really early stuff. I'm sure there's some noteworthy music, but on my budget, I need to buy albums that COUNT.