View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 09:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

I don't expect them to make any changes, but if it were up to me:

I'd add 2 more Christine songs. I wouldn't replace any of her songs that are already in the set, because they are all highlights on this tour (even Over My Head-- which I didn't think was going to be a high point-- sounds great on this tour: it totally captures a sunny, laid back, 70s California mood, and really sounds like classic Mac). As for which songs I'd add, Hold Me is my first choice, plus one of the following:

Isn't It Midnight
Think About Me
Brown Eyes
Never Make Me Cry
Love In Store
Honey Hi

There are just so many Chris songs I want to hear live, and that's not even counting the pre-1975 songs. And I'd like more Tusk and Mirage representation in the set, especially her songs. Songs such as Hold Me & Think About Me highlight the vocal interaction between Chris & Lindsey, so it makes sense to include songs like these. Part of the reason I like Little Lies so much on this tour is the interaction between the 3 voices (the end of Say You Love Me has it, too)-- and I'd like to see them milking that aspect as much as possible. Oh Daddy is my absolute least favorite choice-- I'd prefer something high-energy or something that wasn't on The Dance set list.

Also: I'd replace Silver Springs with Sara. I'd either get rid of Rhiannon entirely or have it in a very different version (such as a piano version with Christine on piano). I'd like to see Blue Letter as the first encore, in place of World Turning.

I like LB's song choices, though I'd change the acoustic set somehow to put in some variety. I vote for an acoustic version of Bleed To Love Her similar to his 2012 tour version.