View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Man View Post
I do not think that it will change at all. If it does, though, it will only slightly. Here is what I would like to see:

01. The Chain
02. You Make Loving Fun
03. Dreams
04. Second Hand News
05. Rhiannon
06. Everywhere
07. I Know I'm Not Wrong
08. Think About Me
09. Tusk
10. Sara
11. Say You Love Me
12. Seven Wonders
13. Big Love
14. Landslide
15. Never Going Back Again
16. Hold Me
17. Gypsy
18. Little Lies
19. Gold Dust Woman
20. I'm So Afraid
21. Go Your Own Way

22. World Turning
23. Don't Stop
24. Silver Springs

25. Songbird

The addition of a CM Tusk song, and Hold Me would be perfect!
Well done! You made slight and very feasible changes that make the set quite engaging for a second leg. With adjustments, I'm sure fans would be more than willing to attend a second go-around....otherwise I just don't see why you'd want to see the same exact show more than once (with no spontaneity at all). What annoys me is that Lindsey and Stevie haven't really shaken up their songs, when they have many to choose from.

Taking out Sisters of the Moon makes sense. I'd replace it with BEAUTIFUL CHILD over Sara...right now as she is singing, I think Beautiful Child is Stevie's best live song from Tusk. Rhiannon and Silver Springs also make sense...Rhiannon because it needs a rest (more than Dreams...see the Pittsburgh video on page 1 if you disagree), and Silver Springs because it's been in every tour since The Dance. Of course this is much less likely to happen than Sisters of the Moon, but could provide room for I DON'T WANT TO KNOW, the ever apt FIREFLIES, ANGEL, and/or CRYSTAL as an encore. That would be so welcome! And we're still getting Dreams, Gold Dust, Landslide, and Gypsy (the ACOUSTIC version would make my day).

Lindsey not doing many of his Tusk songs live, I just don't get it. It's his baby, the album. Why not do WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU'RE THE ONE as an uptempo song rather than I Know I'm Not Wrong or Not That Funny for every tour. THE LEDGE is so unique, it's like punk country. And WALK A THIN LINE is nice for a slow song. A medley could work, but experimentation and re-arranging take effort. Personally, I think a Say You Will song would be great for Second Hand News or Never Going Back Again. And BLUE LETTER would be a fantastic encore. Move Don't Stop to after So Afraid to be able to add a song at the end and make for greater highs at the end of the concert.

Obviously we want to hear everything from Christine. It's a win-win. Whether the set changes or whether it doesn't. She's killing it either way, and Over My Head sounds fantastic, especially the mini jam at the end; it's just not in the right place in the set. I'd love THINK ABOUT ME and HOLD ME because they feature all three voices together...and that's why LITTLE LIES is such a hit this tour. HONEY HI would be amazing in the acoustic section, another harmony song that would put all three singers front and center. I don't know why they don't really understand that this = concert showstopper. I love ISN'T IT MIDNIGHT as many others do too...if Christine wants a rocker substitution it would be perfect. Of course, WHY needs to return, but it deserves a better showcase that could really make the song resonate.

And this isn't even touching on bringing back an incredible Bob Welch or Peter Green song for old time's sake. There is an abundance of resources, one of the greatest back catalogues of any band. With all eras together it's Beatles/Stones caliber. It'll be disappointing if there's not one tweak or two.

Last edited by bethelblues; 12-23-2014 at 06:20 PM..