View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default More musings about why there is no new album from me, a Ledgie

Stevie Nicks has probably already heard the 8 new songs Lindsey, Mick and John recorded together in 2012. How do I know this? I know because when we first heard about how everyone just wants two new songs and not a full-length album from Stevie, we also heard from Lindsey that she had chosen one song and he had chosen the other.

For Stevie to choose a song, it would be reasonable to presume that she listened to all eight new songs which Lindsey wrote and recorded with Mick and John who were apparently playing their arses off on all eight of those songs. Ergo, she would be fully aware that Lindsey has at least five or six songs polished and ready to go for the much-anticipated Fleetwood Mac album of 2015 which was indeed announced by Liz Rosenberg (Fleetwood Mac's publicist) before the current tour, with no release date disclosed.

Anyone making excuses for Stevie Nicks at this point is really clutching at straws and probably are blinded by how great they perceive Stevie to be...it is wilful blindness from lifelong Stevie Nicks fans, frankly.

There are six songs out there that Stevie has heard and that she knows were deliberately recorded in her key so that her voice can easily be added in to the mix for that half-dozen batch of new Lindsey Buckingham penned songs.
Her voice was added to Sad Angel very well and also Miss Fantasy, although she was not very prominent in the mix on the latter track.

It is not ignorance of all the work Lindsey and Christine have done that is stopping Stevie from participating in a new Fleetwood Mac studio album.
It is selfishness because she believes that all fans want from the band is a world-wide arena tour and as she said in 2012 or 2013, everyone just wants two new songs, apparently. Now I'm sure there are thousands of fans who want 12 or 14 new songs!

That means a new album, Stevie! If you think we only want 2 new songs, that's fine. You can contribute the bare minimum of 2 new Stevie Nicks-penned tracks to Fleetwood Mac's next studio album and you can add your voice in to the mix on Lindsey's six new songs and Christine's four new songs. Then we will have 12 songs and you can put the three-quarters done already Fleetwood Mac album out by May 2015! Sheesh! It only took one or two days for Stevie to complete her contributions to Extended Play...she has plenty of free time over the festive season to meet Lindsey and Christine and to fill in the gaps on the three-quarters done new studio album by Fleetwood Mac.

These things are obvious to most fans and music critics, but somehow Stevie's arrogance is blinding her to the true wishes of her loyal fans who helped her to make her fortune and to find her fame in the first place.