View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 02:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
And apparently neither does Stevie from a working musical/creative standpoint...
So much so that she invited him to sing and play on her solo album AND did the EP with him.

Quote:
She no longer needs LB to take charge which is something he didn't learn his lesson on with "SYW" and without Christine around it was "The Lindsey Show" on overload...
What a bunch of crap. Seven out of Lindsey's nine SYW songs were recorded between 1995 and 2000, and were intended to be the core of "Gift of Screws." After Mo Ostin retired from Warner's, the new guard encouraged Lindsey to turn the solo album into a Fleetwood Mac album. It seems a little insincere for Stevie (or, more specifically, her blindly loyal fans) to be so critical of Lindsey for trying to make her songs (some new, some not) fit his vision for an album he had been working on for years, an album he had no intentions of being a Fleetwood Mac album. I'm sure Lindsey didn't think that was an ideal situation, either. If given the choice, I think he'd rather have started fresh and get back into the Buckingham Nicks mode, but there wasn't time for that.

Quote:
Personally I think Stevie & LB have grown in opposite directions musically and there is little if any common ground left so if she does participate she's going to make damn sure her songs are the way she wants weather LB likes it or not.
But Lindsey has already agreed with her doing that. He welcomes it. It's half the reason he brought on Mitchell Froom for the EP songs. The whole producer thing is a red herring.

THE Stephen Hopkins