View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 02:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Stevie's major issues with Say You Will have to do with the circumstances surrounding the recording the album. Stevie was dealing with a lot of situational issues -- her mother's sickness/death, not having Christine there for support, and making the album in Lindsey's home studio. She felt disconnected from the process, so it was an arduous experience for her. Those are the dominating factors that linger with her.

Lindsey is responsible for bringing her classic songs to life, and she gives him credit for that. While she might have issues with the production of her Say You Will songs, I have a hard time theorizing she thinks he has lost all capability to render her songs. It's just that Dave Stewart is like a mischievous court jester -- the polar opposite to Lindsey's serious demeanor. Dave provided a levity that Lindsey lacks, and he made the recording process more enjoyable.

I bet Lindsey would have no objections if Dave was involved with the production of her songs. He even once mentioned it would relieve some of the pressure he has in his responsibilities as a producer. Dave is so amiable, it could be a very symbiotic collaboration. From a recent interview, Lindsey seems very excited about the new album, so I don't think he going to step on Stevie's toes. He wants her contributions to make the record complete.
I don't think her mom died until 10 years after SYW