View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I doubt he'd be "sitting it out" on any Mac album. He's clearly been working not only his own songs but Christine's as well, much to her delight. She's been absolutely fine with him "taking liberties" as he put it with her music. I"m sure he's become sensitized to working-over another writer's songs through working with Stevie. But Chris clearly wants his fingerprints all over her songs.
This is because Christine is always working towards the service of the songs. She knows her boundaries as a musician and performer and doesn't try to overreach. Instead, she welcomes collaboration and sparks off of others' ideas.

Stevie may enjoy collaboration with David Stewart but certainly cannot work in this intimate way with Lindsey anymore. I think the root of this incompatibility is that working with Lindsey makes her feel dependent and inferior. Whereas Christine is always on the lookout for a musical companion (she did great work with her nephew, Bob Welch, Todd Sharp, Danny Kirwan, Billy Burnette and others) and is eager to reach new heights through collaboration, Stevie is all about preserving her vision. Unfortunately, she is not an accomplished musician and cannot really work without the aid of a producer.