View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 03:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
This is because Christine is always working towards the service of the songs. She knows her boundaries as a musician and performer and doesn't try to overreach. Instead, she welcomes collaboration and sparks off of others' ideas.

Stevie may enjoy collaboration with David Stewart but certainly cannot work in this intimate way with Lindsey anymore.
Quote:
I think the root of this incompatibility is that working with Lindsey makes her feel dependent and inferior.
Whereas Christine is always on the lookout for a musical companion (she did great work with her nephew, Bob Welch, Todd Sharp, Danny Kirwan, Billy Burnette and others) and is eager to reach new heights through collaboration, Stevie is all about preserving her vision. Unfortunately, she is not an accomplished musician and cannot really work without the aid of a producer.
Taking it a step further,I think Stevie wants to be even beyond equal -she needs to be superior to all involved,the "Head Honcho" if you will.At best I think Bucky could make her feel equal,but never superior(even pretending-she knows him too well).With DS,he is basically a doormat to her every whim without fear of repercussions.That way she can have her cake and eat it too.And that cake was so sweet the first time that she went back for seconds and will probably go for thirds or more.The evidence lies in the IYD documentary IMO.She did say that was "the best year of my life".