View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 07:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Stevie initially seemed so excited and enthusiastic when Christine rejoined. I foolishly thought it was in terms of collaborating and recording new music with her. I can understand why this slavish tour has soured her interest in investing any more time with them.
See, this is the interesting thing to me. I don't think she DID seem very excited and enthusiastic about it. In all the press, yes. When interviewed in person? Not so much. I think the most striking example was at the Grammys (IIRC). She was asked if she and the band were excited about Christine's return and she said she was "excited FOR her". Almost every comment about her return being so wonderful has been accompanied by that 'I told her that it's really tough, that she'd need a trainer, that she had to stay', and so on.

I honestly thought I'd see far more excitement from her in video interviews leading up to the tour, and frankly, I didn't. She does seem very happy onstage with Christine's return, though. I think much of that has more to do with a greater feminine energy or whatever she'd call it, as well as a change in her onstage 'burden' when it comes to lead vocals and so on. Less pressure on Stevie.

Also interesting to me is how typically dramatic Stevie gets about Christine saving her from the 'wilderness' or however she described the past 16 years, and that they're BFFs or whatever. And yet Christine, when asked whether she'd kept in contact with the band during her absence, never even mentioned keeping in contact with Stevie or Lindsey in her response, only the two Brits.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"