View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Right. He has always said that he and Stevie had problems to begin with, before they ever met FM and maybe they would have worked it out and maybe they wouldn't have. And I don't think he saw Christine as a conspirator as much as he saw her as a sounding board for Stevie.

Stevie has said the same thing herself about her and Christine only having each other to talk to about the crazy men.

I don't agree with you that they were like sisters. I mean, yes sisters .... I think the entire band has a sibling relationship with each other, but I think Christine only sees Stevie as a little sister that you love, but might not have much in common with, rather than as a confidant. And I think that was true even in the early days and they were closest when they were sharing that condo, while recording, but that was probably just about it. I think they have love, but not a great connection.

Michele
I do think they took some trips together in the early days. I know they went to Hawaii together during the Rumours recording break. But still, I do tend to agree that they say they were closer than they actually were.