View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
I tend to favor the 12" extended version of "Rock A Little" (Go Ahead Lily) as well as the 12" extended mix of "Long Way To Go".

I'm in the minority as far as the B-Side remix of "The Nightmare". I love it soooo much better than the cut that made the album.

I also love the Sheryl Crow Radio Edit of "Sorcerer", which starts off fast. I don't like it BETTER than the original, but it's got a different vibe. More guitar heavy. I tend to use that one on my "guitar driven" Stevie mix tapes.

As far as Fleetwood Mac, the extended version of "Gypsy" that appeared on the Chain boxed set is the only version I listen to these days. And the single versions of "Say You Love Me" and "Rhiannon" I also like better than their album version counterparts.

YES YES to all of this! I particularly LOVE the 12" extended RAL and The Nightmare. There were rumours that the remixed Nightmare was originally slated for what was eventually released as Crystal Visions, which would've been amazing. I also like the Blue Lamp and Nightbird outtakes with the extra vocals at the end, and the extended version of Planets with the extra verse.

And although I don't strongly prefer them over the originals, the Timespace CLA remixes always sounds fresh when I listen to them.

As to FM songs, I entirely agree re Gypsy. The TITN extended dance remixes are great - I particularly love the 12" Seven Wonders mix and the extra Stevie vocals on Little Lies. I'd also add the single, cold edit version of Say You Will, which thankfully omits the dreadful childrens' voices at the end.

Last edited by BlueLight; 03-17-2015 at 02:41 PM..