View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
I hate to get all political, but I would hope that if I were a photo op for someone who had such homophobic (or racist, or any other type of hateful) views and the power to have them ruin other people's lives, , I'd either refuse or give them a talking to before or after said photo. I will always love Stevie's music, but my adoration pretty much stops there.

Kevin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauphineMarie View Post
I think it says a lot about her professionalism when she can be cordial and friendly to people like Slick Willy and this bloke, whom I've never heard of. I personally love celebrities who are non-political and can keep their opinions to themselves. We didn't fall in love with Stevie because of her views on social issues, and it really should remain that way.
she probably had no clue who he is, you can't jump on her there. i shook hands with people who i later heard stuff about that made me regret that, i would never had that type of contact with them if i knew. Cyndi is extremely political and very vocal about it, yet there are her pics with him.

that said, if you are invested in certain entertainer the way many people here are, their views may be a part of the package for you and it may be different than if you are just a casual fan. and if you get to know some of these people, you may be unpleasantly surprised about how little they know or how ignorant they can be. they are just people, even if they are in the public eye and paid way too much for what they do.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"