View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I think Christine's dropping of Songbird has to do with her hand.

Maybe Seven Wonders was dropped because Stevie is trying to preserve her voice a bit. It must be really tough to sing night after night the way she is doing and not risk some decline in energy, etc. Her soar throat issue has happened on several of the band's big tours before. So maybe she's using a tad of prevention as medicine, scaling back a wee bit.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing some of the vocals dropped in favor of instrumental extensions on the songs, a little bit of jamming and some inspired set-piece solos maybe? I wish.
In terms of voice durability, I think Silver Springs is a tougher song to sing night after night which is why I fear Seven Wonders got dropped for some other reason. I hope it's not because she feels fans weren't feeling it or that they didn't respond to the song. As I've said in another thread, my brother has not heard that song in over 20 years and it was the main reason he'd spend over $200 to see a fleetwood mac concert especially since by deleting that song, there's no difference in terms of Stevie's songs from the last tour. As much as I love SOTM, dropping that and keeping Seven Wonders would at least keep this tour different for Stevie material - not to mention it was a top 20 hit vs SOTM. I hope she puts the song back!