View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Your words wouldn't be wasted on me but the days of her devout fans who would buy anything is gone. She just completed two of the best solo albums of her career and it seems like her fans are wary of her. She needs true fans more than ever.... Not going to get that from what's left of her fandom 😞
I completely respect your opinion, but I must respectfully disagree. I view myself as a very devout fan. I was fortunate enough to see FM perform four times this tour - - but refused to spend some of the exorbitant amounts for the best seats. Many very devout fans would have loved to see them, but were unable to do so due to ticket prices or any number of other reasons. Being a devout or "true" fan has nothing to do, in my opinion, with the amount of dollars one spends on purchasing an artist's wares. I want Stevie (and all artists I admire) to succeed professionally and financially. And thankfully, Stevie remains one of the true handful of performing artists who can actually sing for a living, and make an incredibly large amount of money doing so. I will continue to support her, purchase her albums, and see her perform, but I will not pay an extra $60 for a vinyl bag and litho that I won't use. Nor will I empty my checking account just to fill her coffers. That said, I am VERY excited to have pre-ordered the clear vinyl reissue for $23, which is both a reasonable price, and a purchase I'm very excited about.

And regardless, I continue to be grateful for this forum, where I can connect with so many amazing, devoted fans who love Stevie's work.