View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 08:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclare View Post
Well, in the audio for That's Enough for Me, Lindsey says it was the first time they preformed it. That was Rotterdam, June 13, 1980, which was more than halfway through the tour.

I think it was done live. Christine introduces it, which they didn't do for the sound check ones, and there's a loud crowd response, which you don't have for Fireflies, Farmer's Daughter, etc.
Over and Over was played early in the first leg of the tour, but at some point in November '79 they replaced it with Oh Daddy, which was played for most of the tour. They finally brought Over and Over back into the set for the last leg of the tour (August/Sept. 1980)-- the version on the live album is listed as Oklahoma City which would have been August 22, 1980. Think About Me was not added until at least the European leg (June '80) -- fairly late in the tour. Don't Stop was not even played early in the tour but was added in mid-November '79 and became a setlist regular ever since.

That's Enough For Me was most likely only played in Europe (What Makes You Think You're The One was played everywhere else). Save Me A Place was played in '79 (with Christine on guitar and Stevie adding backing harmonies) but was replaced with a solo acoustic Never Going Back Again for the 1980 shows. I've never heard any bootlegs where they actually played The Ledge or IKINW at a show, aside from the rehearsal footage, so if they actually played them, they would have been dropped early in the tour. Blue Letter and Second Hand News were also dropped.

AFAIK Stevie was the only one whose song choices remained consistent throughout the tour.