Thread: Mystery to me
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2003, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by EricBliss12345
I had never read a bad review of that album online. I did check it out on the internet before I decided to buy it, and was going to buy a Fleetwood Mac CD but figured I'd buy something different for a change. More clear now?

Plus it just looked like an album that counted. When you consider that most every review said "every song is good" that means the 4 extra long, trippy prog-rock epics. With 4 songs it's hard to have filler.
Utopia-Stevie Nicks connection: Rundgren lived with Paul Fishkin in the early 1970s, & even wrote the song "We Gotta Get You a Woman" about Paul, whom they were trying to fix up. Some years later, Fishkin *does* hook up -- with Stevie Nicks -- & arranges for his famous girlfriend to show up onstage at a Rundgren concert on May 23, 1978, at the Roxy in Los Angeles to perform "Hang On Sloopy," "Hello, It's Me" & "Just One Victory."

Fishkin & Stevie ultimately form a record company & she is signed as the primo artist on the new label, Modern Records, in 1980. Her first album goes multiplatinum & hits #1 on Billboard. The lovebirds had, however, by that time split.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming....