View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 07:40 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post
I have no expectations of the musical-future of this band.

I doubt it they will tour on the scale again. Maybe Stevie en Lindsey will make another solo-album and tour the US only (it's been 26 years ago a solo Stevie performed in Europe and cannot even remember did Lindsey so). Cannot afford flying to the US, so I think I saw them for the last time this summer.

Saw them two nights in a row in Amsterdam and a week later in Antwerp as well. Both nights in Amsterdam quite upfront. Rock concerts in Holland are general admission for 99% of the times, so I was early both nights and had a blast.

Highlights: Lindsey's guitarplaying and hearing and seeing Christine McVie behind the grand piano playing Songbird (twice! They skipped it in Antwerp).
They probably won't tour like this again with all five, though you never know with FM. We were perhaps very lucky to get Christine back at all as nobody thought she would return. But if this is the last round, it's the best note they can go out on - with all five, still playing to good crowds and getting good reviews. Remarkable achievement. Getting back to the Rumours lineup is like good closure for them, after everything else that has happened.

I do expect that Stevie will continue solo for awhile yet and the others will continue to reunite now and then.