View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Besides Fleetwood Mac, DeLoreans are my main passion- I've owned 2 of them (hope to buy a 3rd at some point). The company in Texas, which calls itself DeLorean Motor Company, has nothing to do with the original company which built cars in Northern Ireland in 1981 & 1982. This is yet another one of their publicity stunts. They claim every year or two that they are restarting DeLorean production, but they never do because they will never be able to. Too many trim and body pieces are extinct, and reproducing just one of those would bankrupt their modest operation.

Regarding their fit & finish/interiors, I don't find DeLoreans to be lacking at all. Just look at how basic other cars of the era are:

1981 Corvette:

1981 Datsun 280z Turbo interior:

1981 Porsche 911 interior:

1981 DeLorean:

I know I'm biased, but compared with it's contemporaries, the DeLorean was vastly more modern and tasteful inside. Yes, they are fussy little cars to own. But no cars of the era are known for outstanding reliability. Cars have come a LONG way in the past 35 years.