View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Lindsey fans are on the fence. of course his fans acutely sense the betrayal that Lindsey must feel. the non-respect, unequal treatment and non-appreciation of him by the band - because it's money money money for Mick (like someone here said - when it was between money and Peter Green, he chose money).
This is exactly why I keep wondering if LB got dropped by Azoff before or after getting booted from the band.

I don’t necessarily believe the split was about conflicts in tour scheduling, and I don’t think Lindsey would be inflexible about doing a concurrent solo tour to the point of letting himself get fired. Now, I could see Stevie feeling life’s too short, but I don’t see her seriously using that as a motivating factor in breaking up the classic lineup. She could always travel separately if she couldn’t stand being in the same room as the guy.

I think there was blowback from the Classic shows, and the industry guys let it be known that Lindsey was now a financial liability for the band. The ONLY way I see Mick letting go of the classic lineup is that it was going to hurt the bottom line.

THE Stephen Hopkins