View Single Post
Old 11-13-2003, 09:07 PM
Ledgie

John, Yes it was of interest and I hope it was to others as well. Like you mentioned, I also noticed the Elmer Gantry credit on APP's Eye in the Sky. He sings the song, "Psychobabble" from that one. He has a strong forceful singing voice on the two APP songs he did. I imagine he might have sounded good singing some of the Peter Green FM tunes.

Camel is sort of unfamiliar territiory for me. A friend had recorded some samples for me from Mirage, Snow Goose and Moonmadness. I've also heard a couple of their albums, specifically Rain Dances and A Nod & A Wink. Looking, yes, "Spirit of the Water" is one of the samples I have... Listening to it now, nice flute and keyboard parts and some murky style vocals...the song has a beautiful flow about it...I do like it!

I don't have a clue what Barden's sounded like solo. The comment from his AMG biography states, "His solo instrumental music is catchy and well-produced, yet rarely ventures beyond the tenets of pop music and tends to suffer as a result." Their broad interpretation of his music. I'm not quite sure what they are implying with this remark? How would you describe The Art of Levitation? Is it a purely instrumental album? I'm not even sure if Barden's sings or not? I noticed the last Camel album from 2002 A Nod & A Wink was dedicated to him by Andy Latimer, his former bandmate and co-founder of Camel.

"The Earth is good, why do we abuse it?"....Ray Thomas

Last edited by greenfire; 11-14-2003 at 04:08 PM..