View Single Post
Old 07-18-2021, 02:22 AM
Ledgie

I liked that Lindsey said these things out loud, finally. Because if he wants to get back into Fleetwood Mac (and he does) then he has limited options. I don’t think catering to Stevie’s fantasy gaze or cowering to her “power” is going to work. I think Lindsey genuinely thinks that his last chance is to just be honest and hope Stevie hears what he says and accepts it. Yes, she is hard headed, to say the least. But you can’t blame him for wanting something enough for his legacy to let himself believe that maaaaybe he can still reach her with the truth. He wasn’t exactly mean in his comments. He was just honest. Stevie needs a reality check. Lindsey’s approach could work, fail, completely backfire or even worse. Who knows?

And it is such a relief to hear Lindsey acknowledge that albums don’t sell like they used to but that this is no reason to stop making art. That’s beautiful. He mentioned that he cut 2 songs this year (as of the time of the interview) so this tells me we are getting more Lindsey Buckingham music after the upcoming album.